Apply to Nea
We are now accepting applications for the 23-24 school year.
You can also still apply for the 22-23 school year. Spots may come open in selected grades.
The button below will take you to SchoolMint, our online enrollment platform.
- If you don't yet have one, you will be asked to create a family account.
- Please save your username and password.
- If you already have a CLCS SchoolMint account, please use it for any new applications for your family.
- Check your email for a message from SchoolMint confirming that your application was received.
- You can log back in to SchoolMint anytime to check your learner's status on the waitlist.
- When we are able to offer your learner a spot, you will receive an Offer of Admission from SchoolMint.
- While waiting for an offer, visit THIS PAGE to view a recorded information session and/or sign up for a live information session or tour.
After Receiving an Offer of Admission
- Log back into SchoolMint to accept or decline the offer within 7 days.
- If you haven't already, visit THIS PAGE to view a recorded info session.
After Accepting an Offer of Admission
- Check your email for a message from SchoolMint confirming that the offer was accepted.
- Log back into SchoolMint and click "Register" to complete your learner's Online Registration.
- On the "Additional Required Documents" form, indicate the documents you will submit, and upload any that you have readily available. You can provide additional documents later--see below.
- When you believe you have filled in all the required fields, click "Submit".
- If you are missing any fields, SchoolMint will highlight them in red.
- Once you complete all the required fields, your Online Registration should "Submit" successfully.
- Applying to Kindergarten? Please see the School Entry Health Requirements for kindergarteners.
After Submitting Your Online Registration
- Check your email for a message confirming that your Online Registration was submitted.
- Please provide any required documents that you did not upload with the Online Registration to the Nea Office by May 1st. You can email them (firstname.lastname@example.org) or bring them in person.
- As a reminder, the required enrollment documents are:
- Your learner's birth certificate
- Legal Guardian ID (e.g. driver's license or passport)
- Current rental/lease agreement, property tax bill, or mortgage statement for learner's physical address
- A current utility bill for the learner's physical address (must be electricity, gas, water or garbage)
- Your learner's immunization record. Learner cannot start school without a complete immunization record on file.
- Transcripts for learners entering grades 7-12.
- Kindergarten applicants: remember to turn in your School Entry Health & Dental Exam Forms
Call 510-409-5755 or email our Admissions Manager
October 15--Applications open for the following school year.
Each year in mid-October, Nea begins accepting priority applications for the following school year. For example, applications for the 2020-21 school year opened in mid-October of 2019. Families are welcome to apply regardless of residential address. However, our charter requires us to give priority to residents of the City of Alameda.
January 31--Deadline to apply in time for lottery.
All applications submitted between mid-October and January 31st are eligible for the lottery held in early February. Alameda residents receive an in-district priority in the lottery. Offers of admission and wait list positions based on lottery results are emailed out and available to families in early February.
February (First Tuesday)--Lottery is held.
February through August--Families accept or decline spots. Further offers are made from wait lists.
Those receiving initial offers via the lottery have 7 days to accept or decline. As families accept or decline spots, we proceed down the grade-level wait lists until all available spaces are full. Wait list order is determined by priority and lottery placement, or, if you apply after January 31, by priority and date of application.