Classes @ Peralta Colleges

Logos of Peralta Community Colleges, including Berkeley City College, College of Alameda, Laney College, Merritt College

The Peralta Community College District

  • Includes Berkeley City College, the College of Alameda, Laney College, and Merritt College
  • Once you enroll at one campus, you can take classes at any college in the District.

Here are some useful links:

Applying for Admission (You only do this once.)
  1. Click here for the Enrollment Steps for High School Students page on the Peralta Colleges website.
  2. Read through all the Steps for High School Special Enrollment.
  3. When ready, click here for the Apply & Enroll Page.
  4. Select your home campus. (Usually College of Alameda. You can still take classes at any campus.)
  5. Create an OpenCCC Account. (This takes about 30 minutes. Save your login information.) 
  6. Apply to the Peralta Colleges.
  7. After completing your application, you will receive an email with your application confirmation number.
  8. Once the application has been processed, you will receive your Peralta Student ID within 48 hours.
  1. Click here for the Peralta Colleges Class Schedules and Catalogs
  2. Click the blue "Search for Classes" button and find OPEN classes that interest you.
  3. Make sure the course times do not conflict with your Nea required courses.
  4. Choose courses that can be transferred to your college or university of choice.
    • To view which courses are transferable to UC's or CSU's, visit
  5. Remember: some courses may require an assessment test for enrollment.​​​​​​
  6. See what other students thought of the professors on
  1. After selecting your course(s), fill out a High School Special Enrollment Form
  2. Sign the form electronically --> Here's How
  3. Share or email your completed PDF to Ms. Celeste
  4. If approved, Ms. Celeste will sign your Enrollment Form digitally and email it back to you
  5. If you take more than 6.5 units/semester, the college will need a copy of your high school transcript.
  6. Submit your form by emailing it to your Home College (the one you applied to):
    • Berkeley City College:
    • College of Alameda:
    • Laney College:
    • Merritt College: