Formed in 2012, GIFT is a collaborative, volunteer-led team of parents who work closely with facilitators and learners to find, apply for, and secure grants, business donations, and other related funding to help support all aspects of the Nea educational experience.
Anyone can join the GIFT Team at any time
You don't have to be a grants expert and you don't need to commit a lot of time to make a difference. We welcome anyone who can spend at least 30 minutes per week to:
- Research the Web, local foundation resource centers, corporate donation programs, and other sources for opportunities to support Nea's mission.
- Collaborate with facilitators to create the program plans needed for some grant applications.
- Write and edit materials that we produce, including Nea website content, grants applications, PTSA news and more.
- Develop Nea's long-term strategy for pursuing grants and donations.
As a result of our efforts, we have:
- Secured $2000 grant from Philanthropic Ventures Foundation to support field trips
- Raised over $3000 through the Kaiser/National PTA-sponsored Fire Up Your Feet Program.
- Secured $2000 from Target Corporation to support Nea's art programs.
- Secured $1000 from the Altamont Education Advisory Board to purchase reusable dishes and flatware for the Lower Village.
- Developed a database of corporate and community grant opportunities.
Interested in joining the GIFT Team?
Contact the Nea PTSA if you would like to help. Thanks!